Sunday, September 23, 2012

AWESOMENESS!!!!

All I can say at this point is, I'm astounded with the beauty that keeps unfolding in front of us with every step we're taking!!!

Zion, Bryce Canyon, and Capitol Reef National Parks have been our destinations the last 3 days! Each has given us a sense of awe that has crept deep into our souls. Our spirits and souls have soared to heights we didn't know existed!

We've heard every language but what's quite surprising is the number of Germans that are here visiting. We feel like the minority!! But at least with German, I feel more at home - ya??  Mom, you came to me in a dream not too many days ago and smiled upon me when the waiter in my dream whispered in my ear that he had brought me a surprise from Dresden.  I'm hoping that you're enjoying this journey with me. I only wish that we had shared more about your journey of life. 

We have been up to 9800' above sea level and our lungs didn't find it very easy but we are now acclimated to hiking in this elevation. Our calves have screamed at us but are now used to all of the hiking. We are more tanned than we've been in years even at this elevation at 70 degrees the sun is quite intense.

We have some extra days to explore some more of this beautiful country, so off we go tomorrow to Moab, UT and from there to Mesa Verde National Park in CO before heading down to Santa Fe and Taos, NM.

So here are some pictures for you to feast your eyes upon.  If you're not into pictures, just close the blog.

ZION:










BRYCE CANYON:









CAPITOL REEF NATIONAL PARK:










No comments: